SYDNEY TRIP

5:33 PM



Whoops. My Sydney trip blog post don't just end there! 😉


Supposedly, this entry is posted few days ago but sadly, I had a flu so I need to rest for the mean time. Also, my body (or I)  wasn't in the mood to do anything so I just lay down in my bed  for 2 days (I think) to regain my energy. I don't want to get sick because it's my vacation so I need to grab this opportunity to do nothing and be lazy  before my vacation ends which is next week and I don't want to go back in school feeling sick. This entry were supposedly entitled "Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge"  but I changed my mind. It's because when I went through my photos, I realized that there are still so many  photos that I want to post here so I came up with an idea of changing the title to "Sydney Trip" instead. I need to do this because when 2nd semester starts, I know I will be more busier than the last sem. This post is all about the some places that I had visited during my trip. I combined my Sydney trip photos in one entry.



It was my first week of my stay in Sydney when we went in Featherdale Wildlife Park. It was such a wonderful day and a nice park that allows the public to interact with selected animals with hand feeding opportunities. As I enter the wildlife park, I looked around and saw cages with birds. As I walked, I panicked when I saw these creatures (commonly referred to as a wallaby)  hopping around. At first I though it was a Kangaroo but I was wrong. Then I realized that I was in a wildlife park and not in a zoo. In wildlife parks, some of the animals are free to roam around the area. How cool is that!? I've been in zoo's but not into a wildlife parks so this is new to me.

PS: These are not all just kangaroos. There are also some Wallabies, which are a mixed a small kangaroo and a giant rat

 

After the wallabies, I continued to walk until I saw a cute koala seems like having a sunbathing. Can't blame him though. It's so cold so might as well just lay under the sun. It's my first time to see one so can't help my self to take a picture of him/her. I enjoyed watching him even if he's just sitting there and doing nothing (just like me sometimes) 😆 I didn't had a chance to have a picture with the Koala because he's so aloof.


During the afternoon, we watched as one of the zoo keepers feed the animals and this is also an opportunity to learn about them and ask questions. We got the chance to watch as one of the keepers fed the penguins.


There are also some reptiles, wombat, birds, and many more. We also got to pet some of them.

Pelican
They don't have a cage though! They can roam around the park which is awesome for me. They are free to go whenever they want! I have a funny and scary story with the pelicans, though. When I was walking around the park, I can hear the pelican's flying because of it's wings at my back. I knew it was on my back -- going at my direction. So out of my instinct, I bend and covered my head with my hands as I shout. I thought the pelican would land on my head peck me. With those long beaks, there are a huge possibility that it could happen and much more . 


One of my favorite part when I was in Featherdale was when I had a close encounter with kangaroos. The kangaroos are in a wide cage and they are all scattered there. At first, I was so scared because most of them are so big and seems like once I go near them, they will kick me. lol. what an imagination. There are many people who are feeding and having a picture with them so I just stood there at first. My Tita saw a Kangaroo who's just standing so she told me to go near while she's taking a photo of me. I was so scared at that time because of the looks of the kangaroo. He seems old and wild. But then in the end, I managed to go near him.


James, my younger brother, wanted to try feeding them so we bought foods. I tried feeding them on my hands but I got tickled whenever they licked it so I just used the cup. Sorry, friend. One of my bucketlist is to encounter a kangaroo and I'm so glad that I already did! They are so cute especially the little ones 😍 I wish I could bring them home. I was looking for a mommy kangaroo with her joey on her pouch but sad to say but there was none.

my Aussie friend

I think my blog post won't be complete if I don't post some pictures of the iconic landmarks in Australia. This is actually the highlight of my during my stay in Sydney.   The feeling was overwhelming when I got to see and went near in the Opera House and of course, the Harbour Bridge. It was night when I got the chance to go near in the Opera House. If I remember it right, we were supposed to go home that time when my Tita and Tito decided to bring us first there. I was so thrilled that time!! Finally! It was like a "whenever my Papa go home from work & has different chocolates with him" kind of feeling. 

Sydney Harbour Bridge

awkward
I don't have any decent photo with Harbour Bridge because It was so cold that time! lol. Among the other pictures that I'm with the Harbour Bridge, that's the most decent photo I have 😆  By the way, that's what my *tired face* looks like. Being a tourist is fun but exhausting at the same time. My favorite part is when we walked as we go near to the spot where we can have a perfect view of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House. There are hotels, restaurants and people sitting and enjoying the view. It adds to the feeling that I'm a tourist. If you know what I mean. I think every tourist can feel that 😭  I couldn't explain what I feel! Maybe because it doesn't sink into my brain yet that I am really in Sydney. Yes, maybe that's it. Perhaps because  I also see different kind of people (not Filipinos) and it also adds the weather. So freaking cold. I was lucky that it was winter when I went in Sydney. I'm so sick of experiencing hot weather 😪  I also like to walk when I was there which is unusual for me. I am not fan in walking. 

City lights

Those tall building though. I looove to stare at those lights up there as we take a rest for a while. Anyway, I don't have any photo with Opera House and I don't actually know why 😭 (typical of me) Maybe because I was enjoying taking photos that time. Hay. Full of maybe's. I find it cool sometimes when I heard people speaking in Tagalog. I was like, they're also a Filipino! lol. How crazy am I? 
As I went near in the Opera House, I told to myself, " I'm really in Sydney" 😉 It's not a dream. It's a reality. Okay. Calm down nerves. This is really happening. I am just a few meters away in Opera House. I could see it in my two eyes. I could climb into the stairs so I could go up. The place where I can only see in pictures before is right in front of me 😍  nakakakilig lang. 


Sydney Opera House



I am such a lucky girl that I was able to attend the annual outdoor lighting festival with light installations and projections in Sydney or what we call Vivid Sydney.  It was the first day of Vivid when we went in the City to attend the event. When we arrived, the show haven't started yet. We walked and looked for a place where we can have a great spot. As expected, because of many people that also went there, we didn't find an area where we can sit and just watch the show so we just stood up as we wait. Later on, I was shocked when the Harbour Bridge were suddenly covered with colorful lights. I looked around and I was totally amazed and in awe when I saw the surroundings.... wow! I mean... how talented the people behind this show? 



I have no words....


Museum of Contemporary Arts

There were lots of people who attended the event. Well, no one would want to miss this, right? Even me! 💁 We just walked around that time and took some pictures for remembrance. Tourist nga kasi eh. I suddenly remembered when I went in Singapore 2 year ago, we watched a show there that also has a lights. But the different is, it's in the water. It's like a dancing lights. I think it's called Wings of Time. It has a story line and it was like we're just watching a movie. There were speaking and sound effects. Okay back to the main topic. After we watched that show in Singapore, my Tita, who already went in Sydney and already attended Vivid kept telling me that if I got the chance to go in Australia, I should attend Vivid. At first, I don't know what Vivid is. I don't have any single idea about it so I searched it in the internet. There's nothing to compare because I was totally amazed by the two. I like them both. I love different kind of lights that I could watch all night and just stare at it. A day before Vivid ends, we went back to watch a show. I don't have any idea at first because I thought there's nothing more. But I was wrong. There is a freaking dancing lights!! Couldn't contain my excitement by that time as I wait for the show 😍 The lights were spectacular! I am so happy that I was able to experience this kind of event in Sydney ❤

My last activity with my family was when we went in Thredbo, Snowy Mountains so I could experience going into a snow and do some leisure activities there. We stayed there for like 2 and a half days I think. When we arrived in our apartment, we went into a store where we can rent some gears for our preferred leisure activity. There are gears for skiing, snowboarding, sledding, etc. I chose skiing that time because when I watched the people on a television skiing, it feels like it's fun to do it. I don't regret my decision after. I had fun! Since it's my first time to ski, my Tita enrolled me into a class where there's an instructor that could teach me some basic skills in skiing. I'm the youngest in class and one of my classmates is my cousin ❤

I don't know what's going on
The instructor were teaching us on how to control the snow gaiter specifically the proper way  to slow down while you're sliding.  At first, we went into a "not that high hill" so we could practice. For me, my performance in the first time is better than the second time because I didn't slipped. The second time we did it was when our instructor took us into a higher hill. That time I kept on falling and going into sides. I was scared that time because there are so many kids on my way who are skiing also. There's a huge possibility that I could hit them. So to be sure, I'm just gonna go into sides to that I wouldn't hit them.  My class lesson started around before 12 pm (I think) and finished around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. After I finished my lesson, I was so hungry because I wasn't able to eat lunch and the shoes were so heavy! I also needed to carry the snow gaiter 😴 It was tiring but fun!

Tip: You need to exercise and eat enough food before going into  ski so you have enough energy. 
For me, that's my tip because I was so tired after skiing. I just want to lay down in bed and sleep to recharge my energy. It was fun though! It was a wonderful experience and I did enjoy skiing.  

  As I write this blog post, I can't help but to reminisce and miss my Sydney trip few months ago. Can't wait to go back! 














You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM