BOOK REVIEW: BEFORE I FALL BY LAUREN OLIVER

8:42 AM


                                    Resulta ng larawan para sa before i fall book



























I bought this book last year in the National Bookstore because I got curious of this book. Especially when I read the back part that says: What if you only has one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life? My main purpose when I went to Bookstore that time is just to look some books to kill time. I think I'm with my friend that time. But when I saw this book, I didn't have a second thought to buy this book 😅

I loved the whole idea of reliving a day over because it's something I am sure we all think about! I also really enjoyed Oliver's twist by making the time looped day be the protagonist's last day before she died. I thought that the twist was an interesting way to present the story because we often never think about our last day and the events of that day because it's obviously an uncomfortable think to think about. But, with that being said, the book shares an amazing message of the importance of living each day as if it was your last.

I finished this book with tear-strained cheeks; with so much thoughts running in my mind. It's like I couldn't turn my brain off. It made me think so much about how our decisions can impact someone else's life so deeply.  When I was first introduced to Sam and her posse of best friends, I couldn’t stand them. They epitomized the term mean girls. They were a huge turn off, to say the least. I didn’t know how Oliver would turn Sam into a likable character because she was beyond pathetic. However, the progression of the story was beautiful. It took time before Samantha understood that each day she would wake up and relive the previous day over again. When things began to click in her head that what she could alter how other people's days would go. There was a lot of brokenness and hurt in this book, and much of it stemmed from Lindsey ( Sam's best friend). She intentionally made life a living hell for Juliet. Sam's clique called her psycho and they hated her something fierce.

Sam has to come to terms with the unpopular girl she used to be. A boy named Kent was a huge part of her life before Lindsey adopted her into the popular crowd. There were scenes with Kent that broke my heart and made me cried. Kent has a deep love for Sam. He wants to be her protector. He, in all his nerdy gloriousness, is what every girl wants in a guy 😍 He's so dedicated to Sam, and in the beginning of the book, I didn't get it. I thought he was weird, creepy geek that drooled over pretty, popular Sam. I loved that I came to know Kent's true character in the same way that Sam did, slowly and tenderly 😊

I can't express in words how much I feel impacted by this book. I have no words to describe this book. It's an absolutely stunning debut novel that I couldn't put down. The story itself was amazing. It was really cool to see how changing one little thing can change the whole course of things. It's not something I have ever thought about in depth but I don't think I will be able to stop myself now.  Before I Fall is one book you want to read over and over again. Also, this book was an overall simple and enjoyable read that unconsciously had me reflecting on my own life. I know my review didn't do it justice so you should read it and find out for yourself how great it is!

There is one takeaway I have after reading this book:

1. The choices we make, no matter how big or small or how right and wrong they seem, still affect other people. I should remember Sam's transition from selfish to selfless and pay more attention to how what I'm doing affects those around me.

Please, if you haven't read Before I Fall, stop what you're doing and start reading it. I guarantee you won't regret your decision and you will feel like you learned a huge life lesson when you've read the last page.

And guess what? Before I fall will turn into a motion picture next year! So read it before you see it.

Before I Fall movie will be out on Cinemas on March 3, 2017

Also, the trailer is out!!!! *freaks out*









You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM